This web contains the summary of information for EFREI Paris students on the 2022 study abroad term (fall) at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (VSB-TUO). It will be updated with up-to-date information.
Important information regarding the study at VSB-TUO will be provided in this section.
- Final exams and make-up exams will be created by Efrei and will take place at Efrei upon the return of the students after the end of classes.
- Practice tests and exams will be conducted at VSB-TUO to check students' preparedness for the final exams.
The lectures / seminars (practice) are planned as follows.
In case of problems with the study and/or the stay in Ostrava, the students can seek assistance from the FEI study office (primarily for study-related matters) and the university International Contact Point (non-study-related matters).
The classes will take place in the campus of the VSB-TUO of Ostrava which is located in the city of Ostrava. The campus is located at the very edge of the city in the district of Poruba. The district of Poruba is approximately 20 minutes far by bus or tram from Ostrava City Center.
In the outskirts of Ostrava city, residents and visitors of Ostrava enjoy the lush green scenery of Moravian and Silesian countryside. The climate is mild and continental.
Internet: eduroam is available in the VSB campus.
The student dorms where the participants stay are approx. 100 meters away from the main buildings of the university campus.
Ostrava is the third largest city in the Czech Republic. It is located in the north-eastern part of the state close to the borders with Poland and Slovakia. Ostrava, nicknamed the ‘steel city’, has a rich history of steel production, coal mining, machinery, engineering, and technologies. Today, the city’s economy is quickly transforming towards high-tech and information industry. One of the most valuable of Ostrava's historical industrial facilities is the more than one hundred years old Vítkovice. Vítkovice has been recently recognized as a European heritage and it is currently under heavy re-development. It was open to public during the Spring of 2012 and hosted a number of international events including the Colours of Ostrava International Music Festival and City cross sprint Ostrava, a cross-country skiing competition. The Dolní Vítkovice Park is now one of the premier conference and congress locations in the Czech Republic. More information about the city can be found at official site.
Many activities take place on the campus of VSB-TUO and in Ostrava every fall. This section list some events scheduled for September and October.
- September 8 - Art and Science festival. More info in Czech can be found here.
- September 30 - Researchers' Night.
- October 5 - Technika run. A 10/5 km cross-country running competition in the Campus and Poruba forrest. Compete or cheer the runners!
Activites in Ostrava and the region
- September 9 - Chateau Poruba Fair. A small medieval festival in the Poruba castle.
- September 12 - 18 - ESN Orientation Days. A series of activities organized by Erasmus Student Network for incoming students. The BEST chance to meet other Czech and foreign students. Do not miss this.
- September 16 - Třebovický koláč Folklore festival.
- September 17 - NATO Days. A 2-day long military fair at Ostrava Airport. The biggest event of this type in central Europe.
- October 3 - 9 - WTA Ostrava Open.
- fall 2022 - St. Wenceslas Music Festival. A rolling classical music festival. Many locations and many different performances.